JETGO Australia considers a child to be an Unaccompanied Minor (UMNR) if the child is travelling without the supervision of:
- The child’s parent or guardian; or
- Another person aged 15 years or older
Any child aged 5-11 years (inclusive) must be booked as an Unaccompanied Minor.
Any child aged 12-14 years (inclusive) may also travel as an Unaccompanied Minor if requested by the parent/legal guardian.
To make a booking for an UMNR please call JETGO Reservations 1300 328 000.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Child’s name, age and gender
- The name and contact details of the child’s parent or legal guardian
- Sender’s name, phone number and relationship to child
- Receiver’s name, phone number and relationship to child
- Any special instructions (e.g. allergies, medical conditions, fear of flying)
Please Print and complete the Unaccompanied Minor Form prior to arriving at the airport.
Before the flight
- The UMNR must be checked-in and be ready for boarding not less than 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- The sending Parent/Guardian/Responsible Adult must fill in the Unaccompanied Minor Form
prior to check-in. Each UMNR must travel with the UMNR Form.
- The sending Parent/Guardian/Responsible Adult must remain at the departure airport until the aircraft has departed. This is to ensure that the Parent/Guardian/Responsible Adult is present should there be a last-minute cancellation of the flight.
During the flight
The UMNR must be able to travel without constant direct supervision and must not need any special services including any medical assistance during the flight. The UMNR must carry on- board appropriate medication if the UMNR has any life-threatening allergy or other similar conditions and must be capable of self-medication. Our Cabin Crew are strictly prohibited from administering any medication to the UMNR. No food will be served if food allergy is declared at check-in or if this section of the form is incomplete.
Receiving the Child
The nominated Parent/Guardian/Responsible Adult to receive the UMNR at the destination must present acceptable official photo identification papers such as driver’s license, passport or other similar official identification issued by the State or Federal Government. If official photographic identification will not be available, the following conditions will apply:
- The acceptable forms of identification must be indicated by Sending Adult at check-in; and
- These ‘exact’ forms of signed identification as stated above in Point 1 must be produced or the UMNR will not be released to the receiving adult.
NOTE: THE UMNR WILL NOT BE RELEASED AT THE DESTINATION IF THE SPECIFIED FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION ARE NOT SUPPLIED. IN THIS INSTANCE THE CHILD MAY THEN BE HANDED TO THE POLICE